Thursday, August 27, 2009

More on Mentor's New Comic Store


I wouldn’t necessarily characterize myself as a comic fan.

Besides the time I found a few “X-Men” and “Conan the Barbarian” copies in the old bedroom my uncles used to share at my grandfather’s home during their youth, I hardly even think of comics.

Yet, when I go to a shop like the new Comics and Friends in Great Lakes Mall, I tend to get a little wide-eyed. It wasn’t unlike my experiences at the NBA Store in Orlando, or the recently closed Virgin Megastore in New York’s Union Square.

It's a smaller scale, for sure, but the only difference for me is that music and the NBA are passions of mine. So why, then, did I suddenly feel like this was the most fun I’ve had on an assignment in quite some time?

To continue reading, click here

-- Brandon C. Baker

Photo: DC Comics

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home