Upcoming events in western Lake County communities
- "Fill the Cruiser," Saturday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m: Wickliffe Police Department needs the community's help to pack a police cruiser with donated non-perishable food items to re-stock the food bank at Vineyard Community Church in Wickliffe. Those interested in donating items can drop them off at Spinner's Discount Tobacco & Beverage, 29726 Euclid Avenue.
- "Turkey Hunt," Saturday, Nov. 17, 11:30 a.m.: Event held at Coulby Park. Participants should meet at the gazebo. Adults and children are welcome. This event will take place rain or shine.
- "Holiday Lighting & Open House," Saturday, Nov. 24, 6 p.m to 8 p.m.: Revelers can expect to enjoy an evening of fun, food, music and a visit from Santa Claus. The Mt. Carmel Singers are set to perform and there will be crafts for the kids. Bicycles will also be raffled off for Wickliffe children. The Knights of Columbus will be serving chili and the Keep Wickliffe Beautiful Commission will be providing hot chocolate.
- "7th Annual Lakeland Career Expo," Wednesday, Nov. 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: More than 67 employers are looking to fill positions the annual job fair. Companies attending include Lake Health, Wiseco Pistons, Avery Dennison, JC Penney, Windsor/Laurelwood, Cardinal Community Credit Union, Cleveland Clinic, Progressive, Steris and many more.Some helpful tips from Lakeland Community College Career Services Center: bring multiple copies of your resume, dress professionally and research companies for which you are interested in working. The job fair will be at Lakeland's Athletic & fitness Center. It is open to the public and free.
- "Holiday Lighting Celebration," Thursday, Nov. 29, 7 p.m.: Residents are urged to gather for the lighting ceremony at Point Park. An auction will follow at City Hall at 7:35 p.m.
- "Veteran's Day Ceremony," Sunday, Nov. 11, 1 p.m.: A Veteran's Day ceremony will take place inside the Willoughby Hills Community Center. The event is expected to last an hour.
- "Veteran's Day Ceremony," Sunday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m.: The American Legion Post #678 and VFW Post #3863 will be hosting a ceremony at the gazebo behind Eastlake City Hall.
- "Senior Center Holiday Boutique," Sunday, Nov. 18, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.: The Senior Center, 1580 East 332nd St., will have a holiday boutique with craft tables, a bake sale, a Chinese auction and a concession stand. Admission is free.
- No events were listed on the city's online community calendar.