Thursday, March 10, 2011

Disaster averted?

On Feb. 18, Mentor City Plumbing Inspector Dan Hummel was performing a final HVAC inspection at 7878 Munson Road. While the inspection was being done, Dan detected a gas leak and determined that there was a loose union on the hot water tank. 

He was able to turn off the gas and have the homeowner tighten the union to stop the leak. The house was not occupied at the time and, had this leak not been detected, there is a good chance the house could have exploded, according to city officials.

"We appreciate the fine job being done by our Building Inspectors," City Manager Ken Filipiak reported in his weekly memo to City Council.

Kudos to Dan!

-- Betsy Scott,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home